Saturday, April 25, 2009

America's Next Top CelebreModeLoserSurvivor

I have 2 roommates who LOVE reality tv and celebrity gossip shows. The looks they give me and each other when I ask things like "What the hell is The Hills?" and "Who gives a shit if Spencer and his girlfriend (her name escapes me) are getting married?" are priceless- they know that my pop culture knowledge is usually about 10 years behind the times- I watched Buffy some 3 or 4 years after it ended. I don't understand the obsession with the minutiae of the lives of celebrities. Don't get me wrong- even though I wear all black clothing I am truly obsessed with fashion. I love clothes, shoes and handbags. I have no idea who half of the celebrities are but I can tell you a lot about Giselle Bundchen- mostly why I HATE the bangs in her latest Dior ads. Bangs are a terrible thing on some people... I know because I have had them and they look terrible on me. But to sit in front of the tv watching paparazzi harass some poor chick in a fedora leaving someone named Lohan's house is sad- I mean, what the f@#k people? This is the main reason I would NEVER want to be a celebrity~ I cherish my privacy and even though I am willing to share the boring minutiae of my everyday existence with you I am not being chased by photographers. Thank the Gods- I would probably be the worst celebrity ever- I would offer the dumb people chasing me coffee or champagne and ask them what their story is.

The best reality tv is and always will be the show COPS... I love it because it makes me feel really effing smart to see the drunk guy argue that he cannot be arrested for DUI since he made it to his house and is no longer in his car... {{{SIGH}}} If that does not make one feel as though they could become a Rhodes Scholar then nothing will. Except perhaps the country bumpkin wedding show. Makes me completely happy about being single- because, hey, at least I'm not marrying some unemployed loser who is going hunting the morning of the wedding, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment